We’ve all heard about or have likely been to a wine-tasting event but try hosting a more relaxed beer tasting party. Beer-tasting parties are becoming very popular. It’s an affordable option for entertaining, are so easy to put together and ladies, this is a party your guy will definitely approve of.
Fall has arrived and it is a great time to invite friends over to your home for a fun fall date night. This type of party would also be perfect for birthdays, Oktoberfests or even bachelor parties.
Let us show you how to throw a party your friends won’t soon forget in 4 steps.
Items for The ALE YALE Party!
For example is you are hosting a party of 12 you need:
· At least 8 light beers, like an India pale ale or Sierra Nevada
· At least 8 wheat beers, like Blue Moon or Shocktop
· At least 6 amber ales, like Fat Tire or Wood Chuck
· At least 6 stout beers, like Guinness
· At least 4 - 6 porters, like Bell's
· At least 8 other types of craft local brews (check your area for
· Assorted crackers and cheese
· Hot pretzels with assorted dipping sauces
· Cocktail meatballs
· Blue cheese and bacon sliders
· Dessert Platter
· Casual atmosphere
· Stock up on small plastic cups or glass beer steins you can place near the bottles.
· Try covering the table with blackboard oilcloth and you can write food descriptions right on its surface! Your guest will have fun drawing on it too.
· For a look reminiscent of British pubs, try London Times Tissue Liners, printed with food-safe soy ink. We also found it online for a great buy. This is a Savoy The Socialite “Fav” idea.
250 London Royal Times 12”x12” Tissue Liners for $28.00 http://www.breadbaskets.com/product/Liner_Paper/250_London_Royal_Times_Tissue_Liners.html
4) Let The Tasting Begin
· Cover up the tasting beers and label with numbers.
· Print or write numbers for each beer bottle being tasted and glue
them onto the paper.
· Be sure that the beer is chilled well before serving.
· Provide your guests with a score sheet and pencils so they can rate and remember their favorites.
· Designate a pourer to ensure that the beer samples are distributed properly.
· Turn on some music and let the party begin!
· After your guests are done tasting and rating the beer, collect the score sheets and calculate the scores.