Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A Girlfriend Holiday Potluck


For all my friends who know me, I just cringe when I hear the word potluck. So, as I counsel myself I realized, I would be more receptive to a potluck if I had more control. For example, I like the ideas of a wine and cheese potluck.  

First, I would pick up 5-6 bottles of my favorite wines – recommended choices  Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Merlot, Malbec  and Moscato d’Asti.

2nd I would stock up on fruit, crackers, olives, roasted vegetables and of course lots of water to cleanse the palate.

3rd I would make a fabulous casserole while having my guests play potluck by bringing their favorite cheese to share; (fresh mozzarella, ricotta, and gruyère) for example.

Throwing a wine and cheese tasting party is a fun way to spend an evening with friends. Just about everything can be planned ahead of time and it’s easy for friends to contribute.

No comments: